From time to time I will add various resources here. My goal is to empower and educate others, but the responsibility is yours to critically consider any that you think might be helpful for you or those you love.
Aftermath: Lessons In Self-Defense: What to Expect When the Shooting Stops
- A one of its kind book, Aftermath: Lessons In Self Defense: What to Expect when the Shooting Stops by Jim Fleming, defense attorney and firearms instructor, lays out in detail what is likely to happen after a self-defense shooting occurs. Written for the layperson, in easy to understand conversational style.
The Cornered Cat: A Woman's Guide to Concealed Carry
- A great book, especially for women, but also informative for men is The Cornered Cat: A Woman's Guide to Concealed Carry by Kathy Jackson. Available in paperback and via Audible audiobook. Kathy's book is informative, positive, and delivered with humor.
The Handgun Guide for Women
- Book by Tara Dixon Engel that is a great resource for women and men alike who are new to firearms. The Handgun Guide for Women; Shoot Straight, Shoot Safe, and Carry with Confidence contains valuable information.
The Well Armed Woman's Concise Guide to Concealed Carry
- Another great resource, but much more concise, The Well Armed Woman's Concise Guide to Concealed Carry by Carrie Lightfoot, founder and owner of The Well Armed Woman resource website and online store.
Hands On Self Defense Training
Dynamic Defensive Arts, Brooklyn Park, MN
- For hands-on training in defensive tactics (self defense), consider Dynamic Defensive Arts. Dynamic offers practical reality-based training adapted to your level of ability and physical condition.
Local Shooting Organizations
The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapters
- The Well Armed Women Shooting Chapters of Minnesota's mission is to educate, equip and empower women shooters, from brand new to experienced shooters. Members meet monthly at host ranges throughout the state to learn from one another and have an opportunity to shoot with other women in a supportive atmosphere. Chapters engage in social, educational, and sport shooting activities.
Pink Pistols Twin Cities
Pink Pistols Twin Cities is a gun group for the LGBTQ+ community and allies, based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St Paul, MN. Group hosts shoots at various ranges around the area, as well as other activities, including Twin Cities Pride participation and special classes.
A Girl & A Gun Shooting League
- The local A Girl & A Gun Shooting League is a women's organization to educate and encourage women about firearm usage, safety, and promote women's shooting interest & participation in the competitive shooting sports.
The Well Armed Woman Gun Basics Training DVD
- Another great resource The Well Armed Woman Gun Basics Training DVD
Dynamic Defensive Arts
Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Firearms page contains information on the Minnesota Carry Permit and Minnesota State Laws.
The Well Armed Woman
The Women's Gun Zone Forum